Wednesday, July 25, 2012

50 Random Thoughts

Several of the blogs that I read regularly have done this recently, and I loved the idea.  So, in no particular order....


  1. Being a mom is by far the best thing ever.
  2. And the hardest thing I have ever done.
  3. Seriously.  I have no idea how single parents do this alone everyday.  I have a HUGE amount of respect for them.
  4. I am so grateful that we were able to move this year.  I love our new house.  I doubt I'll ever go back to a 2 story home again.
  5. Having a babysitter that you trust and that your child loves should never be taken for granted.  It makes it much easier to go to work.
  6. I feel blessed that I'm able to be home with Braden (and soon to be baby #2) almost all day.
  7. I think it's great that Kevin gets "Daddy time" in the evenings while I'm working.
  8. I love my job.  Most days :)
  9. The 10 minutes of stillness that Mickey Mouse Clubhouse can offer is priceless.
  10. I love using cloth diapers.  
  11. I'm annoyed we didn't switch to them earlier.
  12. I miss wine.
  13. I'm ready to not be pregnant for awhile.
  14. I loved not having a bad winter.
  15. But if not having a winter means having a horrible summer with multiple 100+ degree days, I'll take the snow.
  16. I pray that God would give us some rain.  We really need it.
  17. I love that Braden loves books.  
  18. But now I can't stop buying him books.  Seriously, it might be a problem.
  19. At least I'm not constantly buying him toys.
  20. I need a vacation with my boys.  A beach would be nice.  I guess we will hold off on that until baby #2 is here, and a bit older so that it actually feels like a vacation.
  21. Braden is handing me his shoes right now.  He doesn't really like to wear them, but thinks they make great toys.
  22. My dog is super smart and annoyingly stubborn.
  23. We watch the Coldplay Austin City Limits about 4 times a week.  No joke.  Braden loves to dance to the music.
  24. I wish that people would learn that just because it's a prescription drug doesn't mean that it's safe.
  25. We deal with an insane amount of prescription addition problems in the hospital though it's not widely known that it's such a huge problem.
  26. vvfvbh tf  kmm jhj 67 89 90my jg - Braden wanted to help!
  27. We got rid of so much stuff when we moved.  It felt great to donate it and feels great to have less clutter.  Makes you realize that you really don't need so much stuff.
  28. I love the Olympics.  So excited they are starting this week.
  29. I need to run some errands, but it's really hot.
  30. I wonder if baby #2 is going to look like Braden and that when they are a bit older people will think they are twins.
  31. Hopefully #2 inherits more of Kevin's personality than mine.
  32. I wish that I had more time to read.  I haven't read a book since shortly after Braden was born.
  33. I really only have one "outside of the home" job now.  I've always had two jobs, so it's a bit strange, but a welcome change.
  34. I don't understand why people think it's necessary to put their music on full volume while pumping gas.  It's annoying.
  35. Maybe that means I'm getting old.
  36. Almost daily I find an outlet that doesn't have a safety cover in it.  I have no idea how that happens.  Our house is not that big.
  37. I love food and dessert.  I think that maybe one day - way down the road - I would like to go to some type of culinary school because I'm a decent cook, but nothing spectacular comes out of this kitchen :)  And I really enjoy cooking.
  38. I have this new obsession with food trucks.  I'm now on a mission to have food from the Scratch Street Food truck- their menu looks amazing.
  39. I am amazed at how much Braden learns every single day.  He is so smart.  We better pay attention to that because now he is starting to try to repeat us and do everything we do.  We don't need him learning our bad habits!
  40. My most hated chore is cleaning the high chair.  It really grosses me out.
  41. I think that animal hair multiplies once it hits the floor.  I run a broom/mop thing along the floor once a day, and 5 minutes later the hair has reappeared.  
  42. I have a cold.  If it doesn't go away by Monday, I'm going to be really irritated that I'm having a baby while dealing with a cold.  
  43. The person that was responsible for coordinating the construction projects around the city right now must not drive. Ever.  Otherwise, they would have been coordinated differently.
  44. Next year, I will make it to the Indy 500.  I've missed the last 2.  
  45. We have a Chipmunk outside that drives our cats insane.  
  46. I love having a vegetable garden.  There is nothing better than picking your own tomatoes for your salad.
  47. Braden is his own worst enemy.  He thinks he is indestructible.  The child has no fear.
  48. If there is one thing I've learned about having a baby, it's that it doesn't matter how long they have been asleep for - they will wake up the second you sit down to eat something.  Every single time.
  49. And they will only have blowouts at the most inconvenient time.  Like while driving back from the Outer Banks.  Or while shopping in Costco.  
  50. I think that Costco and Sams Club got together and decided to deliberately carry different  items so that you have to carry both memberships.  Something I am totally willing to do :)




1 comment:

Carrie from Sam's Club said...

Heather, what a fun post and it is great to read how quickly Braden is growing. Best of luck with Baby #2 and thanks for being a Member! – Ramona from Sam’s Club