On June 11 Kellen turned nine months old! He is SO close to being a whole year old and it makes this Mommy sad... But, we will just keep putting that off for as long as possible! He continues to be the happiest most easy going baby ever!
- Weighs 17 pounds 15 ounces (19th percentile)
- Is 28.3 inches tall (43rd percentile)
- Head circumference is 45.25 cm (55th percentile)
- Wears 12 month size clothes
- Takes two naps a day, one around 9:45 or 10am and another at some point in the afternoon, usually around 2:30 or 3pm
- Goes to bed by 8pm and is up for the day sometime between 6:30 and 7:30am.
- He sleeps through the night some nights and other nights he wakes up once to eat - it's really unpredictable still, so hopefully that becomes more consistent over the next month or so.
- He loves to eat! He eats two large jars of baby food at each meal. So far, there really isn't anything that he doesn't like. Just this week we introduced yogurt and he LOVES it.
- Have tried finger foods but he gags himself, so we try about once a week.
- He nurses or has a bottle before each nap, around 5pm and then before bed time. And of course in the middle of the night if he wakes up.
- Sits up independently. He has been doing this for about a month now and doesn't fall over anymore!
- Crawls extremely well up on all fours and is getting really fast!
- Pulls himself up to standing position and will walk around things while holding on. We have an ottoman in the living room and he loves to hold on to that and walk around it.
- Is fascinated with stairs. He is pretty good at climbing them and of course we are always right with him when he does.
- Waves bye-bye
- Says dada and baba. Kevin tells me that he has said mama, but I have yet to hear it.
- Still no teeth and still not much hair!
- Loves taking walks, swinging, and going to the pool
- Loves the vacuum and unplugging things from outlets
- Really loves anything that can go in his mouth
- Enjoys that he can keep up with his big brothers
- Loves his blankie - I let him nap with it now, but still keep it out of his bed at night
- Loves his Mommy. He has been SUPER attached and clingy to me for the past 6 weeks or so. It's cute and sweet, but at the same time it's not because if he can see me he wants me to hold me. Nobody else will do.
- Loves going to restaurants. That's a good thing because his brother do too and Mommy doesn't really like to cook on the weekends.
- His only dislike is really the car seat still. He is usually OK for about 10 minutes and then if he doesn't fall asleep he is screaming.