Kellen turned five months old when we were in Arizona!
Despite my good intentions, I have not gotten around to weighing him or measuring him this month. He is almost six months old now, so I'm just going to call that a loss and move on so I can post this!
- SUCH a happy baby!
- Smiles and laughs a lot
- Is very ticklish under arms
- Rolls all the time
- Is starting to push himself forward with his feet, but has not gotten up on his knees yet
- Is sitting up really well with support and is trying to figure out how to sit on his own
- His hands are constantly in his mouth. Actually, anything that even comes close to his mouth end up there!
- He recently discovered his feet and is fascinated by them. He tries to put his feet in his mouth too, but hasn't quite mastered that skill yet
- Nurses or has a bottle every 3-4 hours during the day and once overnight
- Eats baby cereal and baby food now! We usually offer it to him twice a day at this point. So far, he has had apples, pears, carrots and sweet potatoes and likes them all!
- Naps about three times a day. Usually has one longer nap and two shorter ones.
- Goes to bed around 8pm and wakes somewhere between 2am and 4am to nurse and then goes back to sleep until 6 or 7am
- His hands and feet
- His jumperoo
- Stroller rides
- His big brothers
- Watching basketball
- Sophie the Giraffe
- Bath time
- Sleeping on his tummy
- Being held. He cries when he wants to be held and then stops. Makes Mommy happy and exhausted at the same time! The Baby Bjorn gets a lot of use these days!
- When Mommy says 'ouch'. Mommy hurts and Kellen cracks up! He thinks it is just hysterical.
- Still HATES being in his carseat...
- Does not really enjoy being on his tummy when awake
- The cold weather
- Middle of the night diaper changes
- The nasal aspirator - poor kiddo is always congested so we use it multiple times a day :(
Kellen took his first big trip this month! We went to Arizona for a week. He went on his first airplane ride, got to spend a lot of time outside in the warm weather, and met his GiGi and Mommy's Aunts and Uncles.