Six Month Stats
- Weight: 15 pounds (10th percentile)
- Height: 27 inches (75th percentile)
- Head: 42.5 cm (~15th percentile)
- Continues to roll all over the place. He is now able to go from back to stomach as well as stomach to back. He makes his way across the room to what he wants.
- Continues to be the happiest baby in the world! Seriously, he only cries if he is hungry, tired, or just wants some attention.
- Still chomps on his hands and everything else he can get to his mouth
- Is now able to find his pacifier in his crib and get it back to his mouth. This is SUPER helpful and might just be my favorite milestone yet!
- Sleeps from about 8pm until 7am or so, usually getting up once to eat. However, this week has been anything but normal, so he has gotten up twice at night to eat. Not sure if it's still a lingering growth spurt, or if he's uncomfortable from his 6 month vaccinations, but a return to normal would be nice :)
- He is still exclusively breast fed, though we might try adding some formula this weekend. Though, due to the cow's milk allergy, we have to use the super pricy hypoallergenic formula, so I think we will only try this before bed time for awhile.
- He nurses or has a bottle 6 to 7 times a day, which equals every 3 hours during the day and then once in the middle of the night.
- He usually takes one really good nap in the morning, and then a few shorter naps in the afternoon. He is pretty good about putting himself to sleep. This is nice because he actually doesn't want to be rocked to sleep anymore.
- No signs of teeth yet
- He is SO close to crawling. He will get up on his hand and feet or knees for a few seconds. He isn't quite strong enough to hold himself there for too long, but it won't be long. Then I will have 2 mobile kids under two years old....
- Evidently, he is able to sit up on his own now. However, he has only done this at daycare. She sent us a video of him doing it, so I know it's possible. But, the little stinker refuses to sit up for Mommy and Daddy. It's a really fun game for him.
- He was doing really well eating baby food three times a day. Then, one day he decided he wasn't going to eat it. Super frustrating. We held off for about a week, and then tried again a few days ago. We are only offering it once a day (pediatrician recommendation) and then will slowly work back up to three times a day. The past three days he has been eating one jar in the morning OK. He's not a big fan of it at first, but we manage.
|Uncle Matty will be excited that Logan enjoyed watching the Phoenix Open!|
|Oh yes, it won't be long...|