Kellen was two months old on Tuesday! Which means I'm that much closer to going back to work...
- Weight: 11 pounds 1.4 ounces (19th percentile)
- Height: 22.75 inches (34th percentile)
- Head Circumference: 39.5cm (60th percentile)
- Has found his hands and tries really hard to get them in his mouth constantly. He is successful sometimes.
- Is smiling a lot now and will smile when he hears our voices and sees us
- Makes noises all the time.
- Follows objects with eyes.
- Turns head toward sounds.
- When on his stomach he lifts his head off the ground and looks around.
- Can roll from stomach to back.
- Nurses every 2-3 hours, depending on the day. We started giving him formula at bedtime just to see if he can tolerate milk products. I was convinced he had a milk allergy just like the big boys did at his age, but now I'm not so sure. This is the one way to find out!
- Takes several naps, usually around 45 minutes in length. Occasionally, he will nap for a few hours, but not too often.
- Nighttime is a bit of a challenge still. He goes to bed somewhere between 9p and 1030p, just depending on when he is ready to eat. He was sleeping for up to six hours without waking up, but the past few days it's been no longer than three hours. I'm hoping it's just a growth spurt...
- Received his two month vaccinations yesterday. So far, no bad reactions.
Likes and Dislikes
- Loves to sleep on his back with his head turned toward the left. This is causing his head to be a bit flat on that side. We try and try to lay him down on the opposite side, but he hates is and just turns his head. Only so much you can do...
- Loves the mobile in his crib. He will lay there and coo at it for a very long time which is particularly helpful when I need to get something done. Like shower.
- Likes his activity mats and the bouncy seat.
- Enjoys the swing in small amounts of time.
- Likes bath time now.
- Loves his big brothers, especially when the talk and sing to him.
- Continues to hate the car seat.
- Does not enjoy tummy time so he just rolls onto his back.
Here are some of my favorite photos from the past month: