Saturday, January 2, 2010

Goals for 2009

I have never been good about New Year's resolutions for two reasons.

1. They were just too ambitious to keep. For example: I'm not going to eat out for lunch anymore. Let's be honest - I don't do well with leftovers, anyone who knows me can tell you that. There are also just times when we don't have much food in the house and I don't want to go to the store, like today when it's a whopping 10 degrees outside.
2. I made up something that I wasn't really serious about, like I'm not going to watch so much TV. I love TV and it's my down time after I get home from work, and then Kevin and I have our shows that we watch together, so that was a New Year's resolution that was doomed from the start.

This year, we have decided to make some goals for ourselves, instead of resolutions, although they are kind of one in the same.

1. Pay off our debt, with the obvious exception of things like car loans and the mortgage. We feel lucky to not have a lot of debt, but we can make a plan to get rid of it.
2. Get healthier. Before the holidays, I got into Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. It was awesome and kicked my butt for about a week. Then the holidays came with all of the business and the food... It was probably not a great idea to start it before the holidays. Now that they are over, I'm hoping to get in at least one workout a day. I'm really hoping for one in the morning and one in the evening, but I understand that might not always be possible. Kevin is really into his perfect push-ups - it cracks me up, but if that's what he wants to do, that is OK with me!



3. Eat healthier. We don't eat that unhealthy, but some changes could be made. We are not very good about eating balanced meals, so will be our goal. Oh yes, and to not eat so much 3 cheese texas toast. We will no longer buy that in bulk!
4. Have date nights at least once a week. No, we don't have kids and are pretty much together all the time. However, we tend to eat dinner in front of the tv most nights, where we aren't really talking because we are watching the shows. I'm talking about dinner at the table without the tv on.

We will see how those things go! Stay tuned for updates!

No comments: