Monday, June 18, 2012

Braden is One Year Old!

Can you believe it?  Our baby turned one year old last Thursday!  He is getting so big!


I'll warn you ahead of time - there are LOTS of photos in this post!

Stats


  • Height: 29 5/8 inches (50th percentile)
  • Weight: 19 pounds 7 ounces (5th - 10th percentile)

Here are some of the new things he is doing:


  • Clapping - he recently figured this out and loves doing it.  You can say "Yay Braden!" and he will smile and start clapping
  • Running - he rarely walks anymore... he has one speed, and it's fast!  Try to catch him if you can!
  • Side stepping - this is new in the past few days.  He stands there and just starts side stepping across the room
  • Climbing - he loves to climb anything he can
  • Playing in the pool - he loves water!  But now that he has been swimming in the lake and a pool, he's not fond of bath time...
  • Jumping - he will grab the side of his crib and start bouncing up and down
  • Dancing - he LOVES to dance to music and will stomp his feet too!

Eating and Sleeping updates:

  • Generally sleeps pretty well at night... somewhere around 7:30pm until 6:30 or 7:00am
  • I think he is transitioning into taking only one nap a day.  Yesterday it was one 2.5 hour nap, but today it's a two nap kind of day
  • He LOVES to eat as long as he can feed himself.  If you are feeding him from a spoon, he wants nothing to do with it.  He's really not picky either.  He will try anything and will often try it more than once.  We have only found one food that he doesn't like so far - blackberries.

Birthday

On his birthday Kevin came home early so that we could celebrate with him before I had to go to work that evening.  We let him open most of his gifts from us and then gave him a cupcake.  He got some new bath toys, some clothes, and a toy lawnmower (but we didn't give him the lawnmower until his party).
Opening one of my gifts from Mommy and Daddy
It's a new duck bath toy - I love it!
I'm getting good at opening gifts!
Mommy had to help me a bit :)
Taking my first bite of cupcake.  Actually it was straight icing!
Enjoying it!
Clapping because I'm so proud of myself

We had his first birthday party on Saturday and he had SO MUCH FUN!  He loved playing with his friends and seeing everyone.  He also enjoyed getting new toys!  It was pretty hot that day, so we were stuck inside, but it all worked out great!
My first birthday cake!
It had monkeys on it
Looking surprised that the party is for me!
The banner Mommy made for my birthday.  It had a picture for the 14th of each month from the last year
Playing with my friend Lila
Opening gifts
Rock and Rock Mickey!

I really like the tissue paper :)





Checking out this cake thing...
I think I like it!



I decided to try to eat the whole thing at once!





Braden also took his first trip to Michigan this past month.  Unfortunately, our trip was short lived because Braden had some kind of virus and wasn't feeling well.  He did have fun in the lake while we were there though!  He also got to go swimming at the hotel pool with my parents while I got ready for the party - here are some pics of both!
Playing in the lake


My first boat ride
Having fun with Grandpa Davis in the pool
Swimming with Daddy
Playing with the beach ball 


No comments: