Monday, June 11, 2012

Baby #2 is Scheduled to Arrive...

On Monday July 30, 2012.  Yay!  That is SUPER close to right now!  

I have so much to get done still!  Scheduling our c-section officially put me in nesting overload and I can help myself from doing some sort of prepping/organizing every chance I get.  I am pretty sure that I have made Kevin crazy because I keep talking/fretting about everything that needs to be done.  He doesn't quite feel the urgency that I do, but he is super helpful about doing whatever he can to help.  Maybe he just wants me to stop talking about it :)

We have to decide what bedding we are going to get for Braden's new room.  After that decision is made, we have to paint bedroom #3, which is currently being used as our guest room/room where we have put everything that doesn't have a place.  Then we have to move Braden into his new room.  

After that is done, we have to paint Braden's current room because that will be the nursery.  It's a nice shade of green right now, but because we are confident that the baby is actually a boy, we are going to go with some shade of blue.  If Kevin had his way it would be North Carolina baby blue.  We'll see...  Yes, I already have the bedding for that room.

Then it's pretty much getting out all of the items for newborns and washing the clothes.  

I'm also trying to prepare meal ahead of time and store them in the freezer.  I think that was one of the most difficult things after having Braden - you just don't want to make anything and can't afford carryout every night.  Yes, people bring food, and that's great and super helpful, but it doesn't last much after week 2.  So, with a 14 month old and a new baby, things that are already made and just need to be warmed or thrown in the crock pot sound fabulous.  

There are a few items that still need to be purchased, though we have most of the crucial items.

I'm still going back and forth on the idea of using cloth diapers... I really REALLY want to.  But, I also don't want to cause a lot more work for myself with having to wash diapers all the time.  I would use them for both kiddos,  so that's potentially a lot of diapers.  But, a huge cost savings from what I hear.

I was able to mark one thing off of my "Pre-Baby #2 To Do List" this past weekend.  I really wanted the double stroller that is made by Chicco because we have the Chicco infant car seat and it just clips right into the stroller really easily.  I was just going to purchase it new for $300 at Babies R Us.  One day, I just happened to stumble across one on Craigslist.  It was half the cost and was in nearly new condition.  Seriously, you can't even tell it's been used unless you really examine the tires.  I was so excited!  I literally made the lady get up earlier than she wanted so that I could get it before we went out of town.  

Once we get at least one of the rooms done, I'll post some photos.

No comments: