Friday, March 2, 2012

Updates


We cannot wait for the Spring and Summer. This crazy winter weather this year has really caused a problem for Braden. He has had one cold after another. He was then sick with some kind of stomach bug. He recovered from that and the came down with another cold last Saturday. He was so snotty and had this horrible cough. On top of that he is getting his first tooth. So the poor kiddo was just plain miserable! Finally, today the nose is better, but that cough is still lingering. Although, according to this photo, he had his moments of happiness - if you look at his eyes, you can tell they were all red and puffy :(

He is actually sleeping like a champ, so lets hope it keeps up! He goes to bed somewhere between 6:30 and 7:00pm. Lately, he hasn't been waking up until 5:30am for a bottle. He then goes back to sleep until somewhere between 6:45 and 8:00am. I really like the long stretches of sleep that we are getting, but 5:30am is a weird time to get up to feed him. On days that I have to work, it's pointless to try to go back to bed after that - mostly because I can't fall back asleep and then I have to get up by 6:30 anyway. So, I'm just up that early...

Naps are a different story... he has been fighting them to no end recently. He will stand up in his crib and cry because he doesn't want to sleep. Eventually he will get so frustrated that he throws his pacifiers all over the room - we put every paci he has in the crib with him! Eventually he will give it up and go to sleep, but his naps are typically 45 - 90 minutes. Maybe.

On another note, our house is still on the market and we hope it sells soon! Mostly the reason people don't like it is because it backs up to 146th Street. We knew that was going to be a problem going into this, but really, we don't even notice the traffic noise! I see these houses online that I really like, but obviously we can't go buy one until our house sells. I think that God might be trying to teach me patience... something I'm not very good at!

And, Rocco chewed a hole in our couch. He has never done anything like that before. Ever. I came home to a big hole in the back cushion of the couch with stuffing everywhere. I guess that will be the couch we get rid of when we move!

Here are some photo updates of Braden, and a video too!

He went to Target with Mom and it was the first time riding in the cart like a big boy! He enjoyed it and I'm SO thankful that I don't have to drag in the car seat all the time anymore! That is quite the pain.

He was pretty excited here (in case you can't tell from his arm waving up and down like crazy)!

After months of having zero interest in the floor mat, he has rediscovered it.

Braden is really picky about when he laughs. He wants to make sure it's something really worth laughing at! I guess this was it! Now, you can show him the video - he watches it and then laughs at himself laughing. It's pretty darn cute!

No comments: